Speak Up Storytelling
Click on links to purchase tickets. If there is no link, tickets are not yet available.
- July 30: "Someday Is Today" book launch at the CT Historical Society
- August 6: Great Hartford Story Slam, Hartford Flavor Company, Hartford, CT
- September 17: Speak Up at Wolcott School, West Hartford, CT
- October 8: Red Talks Presented by Confessions of a Mensturator and (with) Speak Up, Connecticut Historical Society
- October 28-30: Weekend storytelling workshop, Copper Beech Institute, West Hartford, CT
- November 6: Voices of Hope/Speak Up show, West Hartford, CT
- December 2-4: Storytelling workshop at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health
WHAT IS SPEAK UP?
Speak Up is a Hartford-based storytelling organization that seeks to promote the art of personal storytelling to a wide audience and foster and support a community of storytellers throughout Connecticut.
Speak Up brings professional and amateur storytellers to the stage to share true stories from their lives. Speak Up founders and producers Matthew and Elysha Dicks work closely with storytellers to help them craft their stories for the stage, and they also teach storytelling workshops for storytellers and professionals at every levels.
Speak Up shows feature storytellers who tell true stories from their lives on a predetermined theme. These shows showcase a combination of seasoned storytellers and people telling stories on a stage for the first time.
Shows are produced by Matthew and Elysha Dicks. Shows are hosted by Elysha Dicks, and Matthew Dicks serves as one of the storytellers for the evening.
Speak Up Newsletter
Sign up for Speak Up's mailing list to receive newsletters once or twice a month informing you of upcoming shows, workshops, and other storytelling opportunities. Be the first to receive news about casting, quick-to-sellout workshops, and everything else under the Speak Up sun.
SPEAK UP STORYTELLING: THE PODCAST
Each week we bring you a story from the Speak Up stage followed by commentary and critique designed to make you a better storyteller.
Subscribe in Apple podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you receive your podcasts, or listen to the most recent episode each week here: