On episode #98 of the Speak Up Storytelling podcast, Matthew and Elysha Dicks talk storytelling!
In our follow up segment, we share emails from listeners and discuss our first Speak Up virtual show. We also discuss upcoming shows and workshops, all online!
STORYTELLING SHOWS 2020
- July 11: Solo show at MOPCO Improv Theater (7:30 PM) (virtual)
- October 17: Speak Up at The Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford CT
STORYTELLING WORKSHOPS 2020
- July 11: Advanced storytelling workshop in partnership with MOPCO Improv Theater (11:00-6:00 PM) (virtual)
In our Homework for Life segment, Matt talks about a moment that happened just prior to the recording and how to handle it.
Next we listen to a story by Kat Koppett.
Amongst the many things we discuss include:
- Opening with a clear and vivid scene
- Breaking the rules
- Preserving surprise
Next we answer a questions about Hannah Gadsy’s comedy special “Nanette” and revealing secrets in stories.
Lastly, we each offer a recommendation.
- Schitt’s Creek (television show)
- The Twilight Zone (television show)
- “To Serve Man” – https://bit.ly/2Nxubh6
Support Speak Up Storytelling through our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/speakupstorytelling
Purchase Storyworthy: Engage, Teach, Persuade, and Change Your Life Through the Power of Storytelling:
Purchase Twenty-one Truths About Love:
Homework for Life: https://bit.ly/2f9ZPne
Matthew Dicks’s website: http://www.matthewdicks.com
Matthew Dicks’s YouTube channel:
Matthew Dicks’s blog: