On sale now!
Mailing List Sign Up
- This won’t be cute forever
- My first library book: Desperately seeking the title
- Put yourself out there
- Pole vaulting, mailbox baseball and going to the prom are just a few of my ideas.
- 5 amazing fantastic things that I stupidly misjudged or prejudged initially
- Where do you get your ideas?
- How I found my literary agent
- Amazing Mommy (7)
- Bookstore Heather: You never know.
- My brand new, completely unrealistic, possibly supercilious goal that you should try, too. (2)
- The greatest source of discontent in my marriage may be this Cadillac commercial, which I adore. (2)
- matthew: I kind of want one, too. But for now: a 12 year old Subaru that occasionally leaks oil.
- I’m launching an email newsletter. What should be included? (5)
- matthew: Thanks for the ideas!
- Amazing Mommy (7)
- Author Out Loud
- CHICKEN SHACK
- Current Affairs
- Food and Drink
- Gratitude Journal
- Guest post
- Marketing and Publlicity
- MEMOIRS OF AN IMAGINARY FRIEND
- New Year's Resolutions
- Productivity Tip
- Reader Question
- Recommended Reading/Viewing
- Rock Opera
- SOMETHING MISSING
- Spamming Scumbag
- Speak Up
- The Perfect Comeback of Caroline Jacobs
- The Writing Process
- To-do lists
- Unacceptable platitudes
- UNEXPECTEDLY, MILO
- Unfair assumptions
- Verbal Sparring
Category Archives: Weblogs
Last month Nathan Bransford wrote a post centering on five lessons that he has learned about writing from watching reality television. It’s an amusing and insightful piece, and I thought his first lesson was the most pertinent: “Overconfidence is your … Continue reading
Blogger Wendy Morris of Well-Mannered Frivolity recently wrote a post about SOMETHING MISSING which I thought was interesting and unique. Wendy’s politics and mine are like oil and water, but it appears that our fondness for books might allow us … Continue reading
My favorite literary agent in the whole world (and one of my favorite people in the world) is Taryn Fagerness. I am proud to call her my agent and my friend. She is a brilliant professional and my hero. Hero? … Continue reading
Photographer and artist Paho Mann has photographed almost two dozen re-inhabited Circle K convenience stores in the Phoenix, New Mexico area. As the company began moving its stores to more profitable locations in the 1990s, “the shells left by this … Continue reading
Two things: 1. I can picture any number of the characters from my books appearing on this blog someday. 2. If I am ever in need of a writing prompt, an idea for a story, or just the impetus for … Continue reading