On sale now!
Mailing List Sign Up
- This won’t be cute forever
- My first library book: Desperately seeking the title
- Put yourself out there
- Pole vaulting, mailbox baseball and going to the prom are just a few of my ideas.
- 5 amazing fantastic things that I stupidly misjudged or prejudged initially
- Where do you get your ideas?
- How I found my literary agent
- I applied for BeautifulPeople.com, a social network for only the most beautiful of people. Here are the results of the voting. (78)
- Office space turned dance hall, yoga studio, lunch room hell. I bet they’re all organic, gluten-free, transcendentalist vegans, too. (1)
- sbobet: i Thanks to your information
- Teachers of writing at any level: Read this immediately. Nothing is more important. (2)
- Author Out Loud
- Caught in the Middle
- CHICKEN SHACK
- Current Affairs
- Food and Drink
- Gratitude Journal
- Guest post
- Marketing and Publlicity
- MEMOIRS OF AN IMAGINARY FRIEND
- New Year's Resolutions
- Productivity Tip
- Reader Question
- Recommended Reading/Viewing
- Rock Opera
- Sequel protection Service
- SOMETHING MISSING
- Spamming Scumbag
- Speak Up
- Stuff I Don't Know
- The Perfect Comeback of Caroline Jacobs
- The Writing Process
- To-do lists
- Unacceptable platitudes
- UNEXPECTEDLY, MILO
- Unfair assumptions
- Useless Skills
- Verbal Sparring
- Writers Abroad
- I want this life.
- The author Julian Barnes would kill me, and defacing books is a terrible thing, but don’t you think this is also an AMAZING idea?
- My son’s excitement over a recent visit to the mall is slightly disconcerting
- Teachers of writing at any level: Read this immediately. Nothing is more important.
- I don’t know Kathleen Hampton, but based upon her lawsuit, I suspect that ‘entitled and insufferable” are likely descriptors.
Category Archives: Weblogs
Last month Nathan Bransford wrote a post centering on five lessons that he has learned about writing from watching reality television. It’s an amusing and insightful piece, and I thought his first lesson was the most pertinent: “Overconfidence is your … Continue reading
Blogger Wendy Morris of Well-Mannered Frivolity recently wrote a post about SOMETHING MISSING which I thought was interesting and unique. Wendy’s politics and mine are like oil and water, but it appears that our fondness for books might allow us … Continue reading
My favorite literary agent in the whole world (and one of my favorite people in the world) is Taryn Fagerness. I am proud to call her my agent and my friend. She is a brilliant professional and my hero. Hero? … Continue reading
Photographer and artist Paho Mann has photographed almost two dozen re-inhabited Circle K convenience stores in the Phoenix, New Mexico area. As the company began moving its stores to more profitable locations in the 1990s, “the shells left by this … Continue reading
Two things: 1. I can picture any number of the characters from my books appearing on this blog someday. 2. If I am ever in need of a writing prompt, an idea for a story, or just the impetus for … Continue reading