On sale now!
Mailing List Sign Up
- This won’t be cute forever
- My first library book: Desperately seeking the title
- Put yourself out there
- Pole vaulting, mailbox baseball and going to the prom are just a few of my ideas.
- 5 amazing fantastic things that I stupidly misjudged or prejudged initially
- Where do you get your ideas?
- How I found my literary agent
- If Newington, Connecticut ever wants a new slogan, it has many options, including a serial killer and a lot of coffee. (2)
- “I checked his tushy and there was no poop anywhere.” (1)
- Barbara Green: She is too much. She is a good sister – she’s a wonderful little girl – watching her...
- Pressure is a privilege (1)
- ericvirgil: Life is enjoying very important. This moment human life is an important. French parties nyc is important...
- I applied for BeautifulPeople.com, a social network for only the most beautiful of people. Here are the results of the voting. (63)
- Jennifer: The site is degrading and shameful. It sucks. I was made to feel like I’m ugly. I’m not ugly.
- Author Out Loud
- Caught in the Middle
- CHICKEN SHACK
- Current Affairs
- Food and Drink
- Gratitude Journal
- Guest post
- Marketing and Publlicity
- MEMOIRS OF AN IMAGINARY FRIEND
- New Year's Resolutions
- Productivity Tip
- Reader Question
- Recommended Reading/Viewing
- Rock Opera
- SOMETHING MISSING
- Spamming Scumbag
- Speak Up
- Stuff I Don't Know
- The Perfect Comeback of Caroline Jacobs
- The Writing Process
- To-do lists
- Unacceptable platitudes
- UNEXPECTEDLY, MILO
- Unfair assumptions
- Verbal Sparring
- Writers Abroad
- Another reason why I want a time machine
- If Newington, Connecticut ever wants a new slogan, it has many options, including a serial killer and a lot of coffee.
- “I checked his tushy and there was no poop anywhere.”
- Why it’s glorious to be a Patriots fan
- Seasons Magazine: My latest column on how real men don’t use snow blowers
Category Archives: Recommended Reading/Viewing
The restaurant is real. It’s existence was never in question. It’s located in Staten Island, and people eat there every day. But sometimes you stumble across (or in the case are sent) a video that you have to assume is … Continue reading
Man who finishes in last place in his fantasy football league is required to make an embarrassing photo calendar that celebrates famous moments in print history, including a recreation of the ESPN: The Magazine Naked Prince Fielder cover and the … Continue reading
My wife made me aware of the inexplicable existence of YouTube videos that feature the removal of toys from their packaging. That’s it. Someone purchases a Transformer or a Barbie Doll or a SpongeBob Squarepants action figure and opens the … Continue reading
I’m not sure why this effected me so much. Maybe it’s because I also spend a lot of time onstage, taking to strangers, and can’t believe Megan Washington’s courage. Maybe it’s her honestly. The grace and humor that she exudes. … Continue reading
In listening to the most recent Nerdist Writer’s Panel podcast, the writer and show runner of the television show Trophy Wife, Emily Halpern, was asked if she ever fights with her writing partner during the collaborative process. Her response: We … Continue reading
One of the students in my writing camp introduced me to this beautiful, amazing, perfect video. I can’t recommend this enough. Sigur Rós – Hoppípolla from sigur rós on Vimeo.
Look what showed up at the house today! Seasons magazine, and my first column, entitled Carte Blanche Summers. The magazine publishes in four different markets (soon to be six), which explains the different color covers. You can subscribe to the … Continue reading
The ad has good intentions, but it doesn’t depict reality, and that could be more damaging to girls than no ad at all.
This new Verizon-sponsored ad, which was made in conjunction with Makers to show how parents unintentionally steer their daughters away from science and math, is receiving a lot of praise for the way it doesn’t focus solely on female body … Continue reading