On sale now!
Mailing List Sign Up
- Deprived youth (18)
- fulshear dentist: Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article. Thanks for providing these details.
- A victory at The Moth Boston (2)
- Lori: Loved your story and look forward to hearing more! (I was Storyteller #2, about recovering from anorexia and I...
- Redefining the Author Appearance: Four Proposed Categories (4)
- Shirley Hershey Showalter: Loved this. While I’ve heard all these terms before, I didn’t have as many...
- I wonder if his children’s book is nearly as impenetrable as his adult fiction. (2)
- the property management virginia beach: [...] that is the end of this article. Here you’ll find some sites that we...
- My daughter wants to dance, but the dance recital machine sucks. What are we to do? (3)
- Maggie: My little town has two dance studios. The one my niece dances with is very much as you described- to the...
- Deprived youth (18)
- CHICKEN SHACK
- Current Affairs
- Food and Drink
- Gratitude Journal
- Guest post
- Marketing and Publlicity
- MEMOIRS OF AN IMAGINARY FRIEND
- New Year's Resolutions
- Reader Question
- Recommended Reading/Viewing
- Rock Opera
- SOMETHING MISSING
- Spamming Scumbag
- Speak Up
- The Perfect Comeback of Caroline Jacobs
- The Writing Process
- To-do lists
- Unacceptable platitudes
- UNEXPECTEDLY, MILO
- Unfair assumptions
- Verbal Sparring
Category Archives: Moth
Elysha and I attended the Moth StorySLAM in Boston last night, and I was fortunate enough to squeeze out a victory by a tenth of a point over two worthy competitors for my fourth StorySLAM victory. It was my first … Continue reading
On August 23, 2012, I took the stage at The Moth StorySLAM at Housing Works in Manhattan to tell a story. The theme of the night was Yin/Yang. I told a story about cheating in my high school science fair … Continue reading
On August 14, 2012, I took the stage at The Moth StorySLAM at Housing Works in Manhattan to tell a story. The theme of the night was About Time. I placed second on the evening, losing by a tenth of … Continue reading
On Thursday night I was fortunate enough to win my third Moth SotrySLAM of my storytelling career at The Bitter End in New York City. The theme of the night was AFTERMATH. I told a story the decisions that my … Continue reading
Affirmation from a Moth audience is unbelievable. Affirmation from a bunch of kids is damn good, too.
As a second grader, comedian and actor Jamie Foxx was so talented at telling jokes that his teacher used him as a reward. If the class behaved, he would entertain them. I don’t know who Jaime Foxx’s teacher was, but … Continue reading
Last year the New England Patriots played the Kansas City Chiefs on a Monday night in Foxboro. My fellow season ticket holder could not attend the game for less than acceptable reasons, and I could not find a soul who … Continue reading
For someone who loves golf and entrepreneurism as much as me, I thought this was impressive: While waiting in line for a Moth StorySLAM last week in SoHo, I watched a man set up a driving range in an alley … Continue reading
I competed in The Moth’s StorySLAM last night and came in second place, losing to my storytelling hero, Steve Zimmer, by a tenth of a point. It was actually an honor to compete against to Zimmer, who was exceptionally gracious … Continue reading
Last Tuesday night I performed at The Moth GrandSLAM, and while I did well, finishing in second place, I also failed to tell my story in the way that I had planned for the first time in my brief Moth … Continue reading