On sale now!
Mailing List Sign Up
- This won’t be cute forever
- My first library book: Desperately seeking the title
- Put yourself out there
- Pole vaulting, mailbox baseball and going to the prom are just a few of my ideas.
- 5 amazing fantastic things that I stupidly misjudged or prejudged initially
- Where do you get your ideas?
- How I found my literary agent
- Amazing Mommy (7)
- Bookstore Heather: You never know.
- My brand new, completely unrealistic, possibly supercilious goal that you should try, too. (2)
- The greatest source of discontent in my marriage may be this Cadillac commercial, which I adore. (2)
- matthew: I kind of want one, too. But for now: a 12 year old Subaru that occasionally leaks oil.
- I’m launching an email newsletter. What should be included? (5)
- matthew: Thanks for the ideas!
- Amazing Mommy (7)
- Author Out Loud
- CHICKEN SHACK
- Current Affairs
- Food and Drink
- Gratitude Journal
- Guest post
- Marketing and Publlicity
- MEMOIRS OF AN IMAGINARY FRIEND
- New Year's Resolutions
- Productivity Tip
- Reader Question
- Recommended Reading/Viewing
- Rock Opera
- SOMETHING MISSING
- Spamming Scumbag
- Speak Up
- The Perfect Comeback of Caroline Jacobs
- The Writing Process
- To-do lists
- Unacceptable platitudes
- UNEXPECTEDLY, MILO
- Unfair assumptions
- Verbal Sparring
- My daughter has an imaginary friend.
- When you care enough about the lady in your life to purchase an app and automate your expressions of affection
- My brand new, completely unrealistic, possibly supercilious goal that you should try, too.
- Brilliant writing can be found anywhere.
- Fathers don’t get to teach their children to swim anymore.
Category Archives: Books
Sarah Palin stated that although she is against bullying, it’s understandable people comment on New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s weight because it’s “been extreme.” Apparently there a designated threshold on mocking people who are overweight, and Chris Christie exceeds it. … Continue reading
Dinosaur-on-human erotica or a Ryan Gosling coloring book? Both are real. Which is scarier?
My daughter’s name is Clara Susan. Her first name comes from the protagonist in The Van Gogh Café by Cynthia Rylant. My wife loves that book, and it’s where she fell in love with the name for the first time. … Continue reading
Look what we found in the midst of a poorly advertised festival in downtown Hartford last weekend: An actual book mobile! Operated by Penguin Books, it was a joy to see for both me and my daughter, who immediately picked … Continue reading
Tom Perrota, author most recently of The Leftovers (which is about to become an HBO series), is a far better writer than me, but it would seem that he and I have something in common. When it comes to choosing … Continue reading
The University of London’s Institute of Education Children has released a study showing that reading for pleasure can “significantly” improve a child’s school performance. As a teacher, I can tell you that those of us in the classroom on a … Continue reading
I’d much rather see my son become an author like his Daddy than the book critic that seems to be his natural inclination. Nothing wrong with book critics, but I don’t think I could stand a scathing review from my … Continue reading
My wife’s favorite first line from literature comes Pride and Prejudice: “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.” Many people like this first line. … Continue reading