New job idea: Professional best man.
While I meet many outstanding best men in my role as a DJ, I also meet many who are too nervous to deliver the toast, too drunk to assist a groom in need, and too disinterested in the role to be of any use.
Besides, why burden your best friend with this role if all he wants to do is have a good time at the wedding as well?
Instead, hire me. Your professional best man.
And what, you may ask, are my qualifications for such a job?
They are, admittedly, quite extensive:
- I’ve attended more than 400 weddings as a DJ, guest, groom, member of the bridal party and best man, so there is little that I have not seen. As a result, I will be ready and able to assist in almost every unexpected or unusual circumstance.
- My experience and expertise will allow me to ensure that the DJ, photographer, caterer and other professional staff are doing their jobs to the best of their ability and serving the bride and groom to my exceedingly exacting standards.
- I have extensive experience in dealing with in-laws, drunken guests, angry girlfriends, belligerent uncles and any other potentially disruptive wedding attendee and am adept at deflecting these distractions away from the bride and groom.
- I can deliver an outstanding toast. I am often instructing criminally- unprepared best men on what to say just minutes before their toasts and make them sound quite good.
- I am a skilled party planner and will give you the bachelor’s party of your dreams while also ensuring that you do nothing that you will regret the next day.
- I possess a wide range of interests and am skilled at ingratiating myself to a wide range of people. I can do jock and nerd equally well and rarely meet someone who I cannot find common ground. We may not be best friends after your wedding, but for the duration of our nuptials, I will be surprisingly likable and chameleon-like in my ability to blend in with your group of friends. And who knows? One of my best friends is a former client. It could happen for you, too.
And what if you want to hire a professional best man but have a friend who also wants the job and would be upset to learn that you went with a professional?
No problem. Simply have two best men.
One who will get drunk during the cocktail hour, hit on one of the bridesmaids during photos, deliver a humorless speech and forget to end it with an actual toast.
The other will not drink at your wedding except when capping off an amusing but also heartfelt toast, will keep your best interests in mind at all times and is skilled and experienced enough to ensure that everything goes smoothly on your wedding day.
Don’t you deserve another friend on your wedding day?
A friend absent of personal needs and petty grievances on your big day.
A friend who will guide you through and past every awkward, annoying, unfortunate, and potentially disastrous moment of your wedding.
Don’t you deserve the services of a professional on your wedding day?
A professional best man.